About Discover My Cleveland
Director of Destination Management
Discover My Cleveland is the brain child of our Director of Destination Management, Lynde Vespoli. Lynde moved to Cleveland in 2002. A consummate traveller, she dug into Northeast Ohio with the curiosity of a tourist. As a newcomer, she marveled at the architecture, friendly atmosphere and accessibility of the area. There are many gems to discover in Cleveland. Lynde is passionate about helping tourists find the gems that appeal to them.
Lynde’s interest in travel and tourism lead her to work as the Director of Tour Management for a local tour operator for six years prior to starting Discover My Cleveland. In addition to her BA from Miami University, Lynde also pursued certification in Travel & Tourism and Event & Meeting Planning to add to her skill set.
In November 2012, Lynde opened Discover My Cleveland (DMC), the first Destination Management Company in Cleveland. With the anticipated growth of tourism in Cleveland, due to the renovated Convention Center, the Global Center for Health Innovation, the Horseshoe Casino, and the new hotels, Lynde saw the niche for a local tourism expert and moved to fill it.
Since then, as Director of Destination Management for Discover My Cleveland, she has provided tours, transportation and logistical support to visitors in town for numerous events. Among others, these have included the National Senior Games, the Greater Sports Commission’s Continental Cup, the Gay Games, The Republican National Convention and various meetings, conventions, reunions, and school groups. She is a cheerleader for the city of Cleveland and enjoys partnering with venues and organizations to showcase to visitors the best the city has to offer.
- “Make the call, we plan it all”
- Our motto is our commitment to our clients. We have you covered from arrival to departure; logistics are our specialty.
- DMC will plan and manage every detail during an organization’s visit to the area, from concept to completion. This includes everything from meeting attendees at the airport to lodging, transportation, special events and tours.
- Discover My Cleveland in the News
- Click to view Fox 8 News' story featuring our own Lynde Vespoli talking about Cleveland tourism.
- Read the ABC's NewsNet5 story "Tourists drawn to Cleveland, Ohio City Ahead of Republican National Convention" with Lynde Vespoli featured in the story.